the SECOND AMENDMENT
1. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
2. God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.
-Daniel Webster (1834)
3. Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?
-Thomas Jefferson (1801)
4. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
5. The saddest epitaph which can be carved in memory of a vanished liberty is that it was lost because its possessors failed to stretch forth a saving hand while yet there was time.
-George Sutherland (1938)
6. It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
-Charles A. Beard
7. A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
-Edward R. Murrow
8. Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one can be denied a freedom because he might abuse it?
9. American have the right and advantage of being armedunlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
10. The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
11. First they came for the
communists, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me-- and there was no one left to speak out for me.
12. Tyranny is always better organized than freedom.
-Charles Pe¢ guy
Regulations and Bureaucrats
Thunder and Lightning