The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Unexpected success
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm 

Hello all,

Ever since 2011 with my first CTC attempt and relatively easy victory, I've had a string of interesting and challenging filings.
All the way from 2002 up to 2013. One challenge to my 2010. One grandstanding about not giving me a refund for 2007 which they credited to my account but was over three years late. Mind you, I did not include any demand for refund, they just notified me of it. I completely forgot I gave them anything for that year.

I had a real attempt at my paycheck for an old filing that still stood for 2002 which was obviously not a CTC filing. I shot that down at work thanks to Pete and then amended all outstanding old school returns. CTC style.

Then came 2014. They came after me with a vengeance. Not sure why but it was an escalating game of ping pong. I still get reminders that I owe for 2014 so I can't consider that year a closed affair yet.

They subsequently targeted 2015 with similar zeal. I'm still waiting for a response to my last reply there.

Then of course I expected the attack on 2016 which did come and started the same way. A CP2000 with a proposed changes to my return. Now, although I have expanded my response letter to these particular letters a great deal since that first one in 2011, I decided to scale it back down to the original and maybe even less. They just ignore everything you type anyways. I sent it out not expecting too much to be different. I got a typical stall letter and then on the weekend of my birthday I got a very thin letter from the IRS...thin is a good sign since you know there is no envelope inside...lol. It was a CP2005 with the amount due of $0.00. Disregard any further notice. A very good birthday present. I haven't had any real good news from these guys in years now. I want to thank whoever processed my return for doing they're job correctly and abiding by the rules and giving me the respect I deserve. I hope you don't lose your job or come to think of it... maybe you'd be better of if you did.

I have to say that I really learned a lot on this journey and continue to do so, but I didn't do anything different this time that I haven't done before except for one thing...

I stopped fretting about it since I know the law and I know I was in the right and I just left it in Gods hands.
After all, I'm simply exercising my God given rights.

Post subject: Re: Unexpected success
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm 

Congratulations on all of it, Tony! Great sharing! When, exactly, did you get this latest happy birthday present?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 pm 

CP2000 received on Oct 22, 2018
Response sent Nov 15, 2018
Stall letter received Jan 03, 2019
Celebrated birthday Feb 23, 2019
CP2005 received Feb 25, 2019

So very unexpected but very welcome at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:44 pm 

Inspiring!