The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am 

It's Time To Celebrate Some Victories!!
Including the first complete refunds of 2018 withholdings!!

WELL, THE 2019 REFUND SEASON is now fully in session! Over the last few weeks refunds from the feds and various states have begun to hit mailboxes.

I've selected a few of these fresh and recent victories with which to mark the occasion, starting with the first heavily-vetted federal refund of everything withheld in 2018 sent in for sharing so far. This is followed by a complete refund of "income" tax withheld during 2018 by the city of Lackawanna, Pennsylvania.

We continue with a number of state and federal victories received in the last few weeks for earlier years, all on amended return filings (and one slightly older refund associated with two of the new ones). I wrap this batch up with a federal and state combo which was secured last summer, but has features particularly useful for helping spread the truth about the tax and thus especially merits sharing.

SO, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, let's enjoy these excellent examples of real grown-up American men and women enforcing the rule of law on what are, of right, their mere servant governments:

Continued...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm 

Always learning something. I recently had a local agency send me a notice asking for the disputed erroneous W-2 in order to complete my return. I responded in kind.

Your notice requests erroneous documents firmly in your possession and thus would be redundant for me to provide you with what you already possess. Said documents have been sufficiently rebutted. In addition, it would create a conflict by submitting an erroneous W-2 and a corrected W-2. In addition, I cannot provide different information to the federal government, state government and local government collection agencies. In addition, I cannot submit information I know to be inaccurate or false.

Thanks for the update Pete