The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:23 am 

In the June 10, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans

Middletown, Moonbeam!
The next CtC Seminar will be in New York's beautiful Hudson Valley, Saturday, August 3!
Get more info here, and get your RSVPs in EARLY, please!!

By the way, I want to emphasize the importance of RSVPing if you wish to attend an event!!!

And hey! The Twelfth Annual Declaration Day Party will be held on Saturday, July 6. Mark your calendars and get your RSVPs in!!

I Can't Help But Do Some More Celebrating...
...as lots more Americans bring the 1776 storm all across the country!

I HADN'T MEANT TO POST MORE VICTORIES THIS WEEK, having done so last week and the week before, and with that whole exercise being increasingly redundant. After all, how many do people need to see?

But I had a lot of folks share over the last seven days. Among the mix are some nice state victories, and the docs associated with those are often helpful to others in the particular state involved.

What's more, one of these new state victories is the third to be posted by a happy couple in Colorado, the second of which was shared just two weeks ago. Last week I made a point of posting new victories by two other folks featured in that earlier edition, so it's only fair that I promptly share this latest one by Justin & Brianna, too.

BEST AND MOST COMPELLING OF ALL, among the victories for the rule of law shared with me during the past week are federal and state victories for 2018 by a young man new in the working world but with his feet already firmly set on the liberty and personal power path by his very proud parents. I can't pass up this earliest opportunity to get those uplifting victories into the lights and in front of the world.

Despots tremble, and give thought to mending their ways, when young people make clear that their spell is broken, and the curtain is drawn back.

Continued...

A Two-Minute Review Of CtC
David Bindel reminds us that there's either the rule of law, or there isn't.

Continued...

Why Donald Trump Should Be Impeached
It's not for "obstruction of justice"...

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

United States Constitution, Article II, Section IV

SO, I KNOW THE TITLE OF THIS ARTICLE rubs a lot of folks the wrong way. And I get it.

For better or for worse, many Americans invested emotionally in Trump. They bought into the sales pitch that Trump was the "non-politician" who was going to break the mold, drain the swamp, change things up.

In other words, a lot of folks viewed Trump through exactly the same rose-colored glasses applied to every new face in the Oval Office by a big swath of the American people. The only difference with DJT is that the emotional investment is a bit stronger than usual.

THE HIGHER-THAN-USUAL INVESTMENT IN TRUMP (which was also enjoyed by Barack Obama) is because Americans increasingly perceive this beloved country going way off the rails at a frighteningly high speed. With the CtC solution continuing to be successfully suppressed by government corruption, journalistic inattention and an insufficiency of vigorous activism (a change in any one of which would turn things around-- which one is within YOUR power?), Americans hang their hopes for a fix on "white knight" fantasies.

"The new guy riding into town isn't like the others," people tell themselves, in a big buy-in to campaign rhetoric carefully sculpted to encourage just such a delusion. In Trump's case the buy-in has been turbo-charged by the seemingly manic apparent opposition to him by "Never Trumpers" in establishment Republican ranks (which many Trump supporters have long viewed as a big part of the problem) and by the "liberal" community.

This apparent manic opposition conveys the sense that Trump must really be a threat to the status quo, else the architects and beneficiaries of the status quo wouldn't be so exercised about his presidency, right? If the pigs are squealing so loudly, that new farmer must have them on short slops, right?

It's a great political boost. Maybe this is why Trump has been so lackadaisical in his responses to the Mueller investigation, which he could easily have torpedoed years ago with a simple airing from his bully pulpit of the well-established but MSM deep-sixed fact that the DNC emails were copied onto a thumb-drive by a whistle-blowing insider and in no way "hacked"-- by Russians or anyone else.

Continued...

Other Voices: '18 Ways Julian Assange Changed The World'
An important commentary by Lee Camp with an equally important afterword by Yours Truly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:32 am 

Pete,

While your reasons for impeachment of Trump are sound, I have to look at just what it would achieve in the larger picture. To oust him would effectively move the Speaker of the House up a notch and how much worse than Trump might Pence be. Would it be worth impeaching Trump only to see Nancy Pelosi become president when Pence gets suicided? How many would we have to impeach down the line before we got a "good guy" in office? Perhaps this is why it's not been done. There never does seem to be a good guy waiting in the wings and that is the essence of the problem with impeachment IMHO. The days of the Ron Paul's seem to be over, it's all Buttisbig<sarc> types, who is actually a CIA asset, that grab the headlines these days.

It's all too far gone for this exercise to have any effect on righting the ship and could actually help to sink it sooner.

I see this as a realist attitude even if it does cede defeat. Sure, I certainly hope there is a way out that comes to fruition but neither history nor time is not on our side.

Disclaimer: 5 & 1/2 hours of sleep in two nights may have had some influence on these comments.