The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm 

The October 28, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

The Main Chance That Everyone Is Missing
Important opportunities abound, but just keep being overlooked. This huge mistake has to stop, and it's up to you.

BEFORE STARTING THIS ARTICLE I spent a little time trying to get the number of copies sold in America to date of Edward Snowden's new book, 'Permanent Record'. I wasn't able to find the information, but nonetheless feel I can confidently say that it's a big number.

Why is this important? Because each and every person who has laid down $30 for this book has thereby identified him- or herself as seriously opposed to the existence of a state so swollen with pelf as to be able to finance universal surveillance of Americans.

The only thing is, these folks don't realize that the real key to their hot-button issue is the "swollen with pelf (and thus able to finance the abuse)" part of the picture. Indeed, most of these folks haven't ever thought the matter through so as to realize the relationship between the abuse they decry and would shut down if they knew how and the state's requirement for financial fat in order to fuel the bad behavior.

ACCUSTOMED TO A STATE which, through their entire lifetimes, has just oozed resources whenever the lusts and ambitions of its operators, clients and cronies need some, folks focused on abuses like the panopticon are oblivious to the resource-acquisition aspect of every such criminal program.

These folks have gone so far as to organize around the idea of denying cooling water to the known sites where all the illegally-acquired data is kept by the NSA. They have a real energy and a real commitment to their cause (which deserves both, in the biggest possible way).

But these dedicated and activated opponents of systematic Fourth Amendment-violating state criminals have never given a moment's thought to the fact that denying the perps the money needed to pay for the water (and the construction, and the personnel, and the data taps and the coffee and donuts, etc., etc.) is actually the answer to the problem. (And the only actual answer, since NSA storage would just be relocated to federal land or offshore and would continue operations as before if any resource but the money were cut off.)

Further, not having a glimmer of the fact that they would be completely within their rights and in harmony with the law to stop doing so, it has never occurred to these good folks to reflect on the fact that they are needlessly financing the very crimes they denounce-- and on the irony, if not the hypocrisy, thereof.

Continued...

Other Voices
'The Putin-Nazis Are Coming (Again)!'
An entertaining but important commentary by C.J. Hopkins with an equally entertaining and important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:57 pm 

Pete, I thoroughly enjoyed this article. I am in the midst of suing the IRS and 4 of their employees personally for their lies, deceit and misfeasance in ignoring the law as written. I don't know for certain what the future holds but I have demanded a trial by jury and it is my sincere hope that those 12 jurors will get enough of a wake-up call from what I show them that they award a significant punitive damage award. Money is the fuel that powers the government but is also a fuel that can power our quest for spreading the word. To that end, would you be willing to participate in helping me with my case? I can pay your expenses and for your time.

I state specifically in my suit that any punitive damages award would be used to create a defence fund for people who want to speak their truth too. As I have evangelized our message, here is the general reaction from everyone. People believe there is a possibility of their being defrauded but they lack the courage to take on the government. Of the hundreds of people I have told about this, not one has exhibited the courage to act. Not even seeing my $10K refund check got them off their arses. If people could rely on getting help, I think it would inspire more people to take action. For me personally, I simply had to muster up the courage to take the risk, and frankly, I have had to do it on my own. Without your web site and information, I could never have done it. For most people, I think that is simply not enough though. This is at the heart of why people are failing to act. For some, they just take care of themselves. For others, they are too busy with their busy lives. For others still, they lack courage. If you can't change people, maybe you need to adjust the game plan. We need wins end we need to increase the probability of wins with an effective and funded support network.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:11 pm 

Here's another thought on how to improve our probability of success. My father was a good salesman and he often said "people despise that which is cheap but value that which is dear." It follows that other adage that people want what they can't have but despise that which comes easy. So if we can muster a strategy that will meet the goals I outlined in my other post, how about this? If you want my help, sign a contract where you will give 20% of the proceeds of court settlement. Make it easy for people to say yes and hard to say no. The biggest danger of making this offer is that there will be lazy people who will expect us to do all the work. The remedy? Make them do the work - write the complaint, assemble all of the correspondence and response letters, and with that in hand, we can make specific recommendations. It will be them who will need to initiate all actions and make all decisions - just like any responsible adult would. That will separate the freeloaders from those who are serious. With that kind of support, I think more people will be motivated to take the IRS on. Your program was enough to spur me, but clearly not enough to gain the broader ground you seek. I am personally discouraged by how generally fearful, gutless and apathetic most people are.