The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, August 5, 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:35 pm 

The August 5, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

An Educational Interlude At The 'Dog Days Of Summer Jamboree'
Come to Greening House August 17 for some good music and some liberating truth!

THE GOOD FOLKS HOSTING THE 'DOG DAYS OF SUMMER JAMBOREE' in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania on August 17 have asked me to make a special appearance and share a little truth to the music-lovers attending the affair. You and your friends are welcome to be there, too!

My talk will begin at 2PM and run a few hours. The festival begins at noon and runs until midnight. There is a small charge for the whole festival (which includes the fee for camping on the property), but if you just come for my presentation it is at no charge or only what you care to donate.

See the poster below or this Facebook page for more information, or call Mike Green at (724)992-8542.

Continued...

Hendrickson's Axiom of Special Definitions
This really is a simple and self-evident thing...

IN PREPARING FOR LAST SATURDAY'S seminar in Middletown, New York, I decided to crunch out a simple, concise rule by which all special definitions found in law can and should be viewed. I realize that I have already exhaustively addressed this subject in many different ways in CtC and other papers and posts, but nonetheless think this new little "pocket key" version is worth sharing:

"Whenever a special definition of an otherwise common word is provided in a law, and the exemplars given are of things within the common definition of that word but sharing one or more particular characteristics distinguishing them from others within that common definition, the purpose and effect of the special definition is to narrow the meaning of the defined word (thus transforming it into a "term") to the exemplar-distinguished subclass when it appears in the specified context (i.e., "as used in this section")."

Reflexively apply that rule every time you see a statutory definition for the sake of your own clarity of thought. Also, include it in any brief or other argument you may have occasion to make in which such definitions (or the terms they define) can be expected to appear, preceded by "It is axiomatic that...".

However disturbing it may be to hear, the fact is that your average judge or attorney will be entirely ignorant of the purpose and effect of special definitions, or will have very confused ideas about them. Unscrupulous government attorneys have worked diligently to sow just such confusion over the last eight decades, at least, in service to the "ignorance tax" scheme.

Continued...

Other Voices: 'Not Mueller Time-- At Last!'
An important commentary by David Stockman with an equally important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 am 

Lets not forget :

26 U.S. Code § 6703. Rules applicable to penalties under sections 6700, 6701, and 6702

(a) Burden of proof
In any proceeding involving the issue of whether or not any person is liable for a penalty under section 6700, 6701, or 6702, the burden of proof with respect to such issue shall be on the Secretary.