The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:19 pm 

The November 25, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

Leviathan Takes More Hits...
...as good Americans continue to stand and enforce the rule of law.

Matthew Bossard

BACK IN MAY OF THIS YEAR, I introduced Matthew Bossard to the community. Matthew had been a long-time non-filer, and eventually found himself square in the crosshairs of an IRS eager to capitalize on those mistakes. But as discussed here and here in my posts sharing Matthew's first four victories last Spring, once he discovered CtC, Matthew dug in diligently and deeply, and came out of his studies swinging hard.

I was delighted to share those first victories. Today I'm delighted to share Matthew's latest victories, both issued (or dated, anyway) two weeks ago. Unlike three of his previous wins, both of these latest victories for Matthew are actual refunds, rather than simple shut-downs of IRS collections efforts concerning years too far in the past for refunds claims to be honored.

Let's start with Matthew's victory for 2016:

Continued...

The Galileo Factor
No one needs a victory to display in order to spread the truth about the tax...

I HEARD THE OTHER DAY from an educated fellow who nonetheless complained of being unable to effectively spread the good news about the income tax. His problem, as he saw it, was that his lack of a personal victory to display rendered his outreach efforts hollow and unpersuasive.

The subtext of my correspondent's mental roadblock is that he can't present the truth about the tax to others without the support of official agreement. To put it in other terms, my correspondent felt that unless the folks against whose interests and desires it stands admit to it, the truth can't be presented as true.

Continued...

Hey, People! It's Time For A 16th Anniversary Christmas Special!!
Any excuse for a party, right? How about a free CtC to help you celebrate?!

I THINK WE'D ALL AGREE that sometimes the truth can be a pesky thing-- demanding, disturbing, and seriously inconvenient. The fact is, when you know the truth, you have to act on it, or be party to a lie; and when that lie is old, entrenched, vigorously defended and comfortingly familiar, the correcting truth can be very hard to learn, and even harder to act upon.

That's why one of the most challenging gifts to receive this holiday season is a copy of 'Cracking the Code- The Fascinating Truth About Taxation In America'.

Learning the truth about the income tax means setting aside misconceptions nurtured for a lifetime. Acting on that truth means abandoning lifelong servility to the state through the offices of the IRS-- the one organization whose carefully cultivated reputation as a rabid junkyard dog is feared by everyone in America.

Both of those things are really hard!

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!