The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:09 pm 

The December 9, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

And The Lights Go On In Georgia!!
...as the Georgia Warriors begin sharing the keys to freedom on a wholesale basis.

WITH THIS MESSAGE ON DISPLAY, you just gotta love the name of the billboard company: Revelation. Isn't that perfect?!

And isn't what the Georgia Warriors have gotten started just perfect, too? I hope you all agree, and I hope you all find it inspiring.

Seriously. Find it inspiring, please! As in: Be inspired to do the same in your own neck of the woods.

I'M GOING TO HELP with the inspiration: the billboard you see above-- and four others, as well, in different locations around Georgia-- display this message for eight to ten seconds at a time 324 times per day (in the aggregate) during morning and evening rush hour.

Together these intriguing CtC messages are taken in-- that is, actually read with interest-- by 691 drivers each day, according to the billboard industry's research on the rate at which these ads are actually absorbed by drivers.

Continued...

A Nice Tax Court Victory Over A Fake "Frivolous Return Penalty"
Accomplished warrior Ruben Varela shares the good news!

CALIFORNIA CtC Warrior Ruben Varela (meet him here) has just shared a fine victory secured in Tax Court last month over a corrupt IRS attempt to collect a fake "frivolous return penalty" from him, ostensibly over his return for 2005, filed four years ago after Ruben found his way to CtC.

Ruben's actual return was never threatened with a penalty directly. Instead, the IRS attempted an intimidation and harassment by asserting the penalty against a reference copy of the return which Ruben included with a letter responding to an IRS "disallowance notice" in regard to the refund Ruben had claimed.

(That refund was not claimed in the expectation of receiving it, of course-- it being way too late for that. But an accurate completion of the 1040 per the instructions called for listing the amounts withheld as overpayments and therefore only appropriate to be listed for refund.)

Continued...

Tools For Leveraging The CtC Superpower
You've got magic in your hands, if you will use it...

I HAVE LATELY BURNED A LOT OF PIXELS encouraging people to take advantage of CtC's status as the singular solution to concerns of privacy activists, transparency activists, 9/11 truth activists and opponents of the increasingly authoritarian, expensive, immoral and dangerous security state generally. That solution-status is a superpower whose wielder can pull large numbers from these activist communities into ours and move us much closer to final-victory critical mass.

Unfortunately, having never been copied on anything sent into any of these activist communities, I fear that my encouragements in this regard are falling on deaf ears. Perhaps folks are failing to grasp that anyone facing harassment, resistance or grief from a tax agency-- now or in the future-- who hasn't vigorously pursued this sort of being-the-storm project has or will have only himself to blame.

But I live in hope, so...

Continued...

Hey, People! It's Time For A 16th Anniversary Christmas Special!!
Any excuse for a party, right? How about a free CtC to help you celebrate?!

I THINK WE'D ALL AGREE that sometimes the truth can be a pesky thing-- demanding, disturbing, and seriously inconvenient. The fact is, when you know the truth, you have to act on it, or be party to a lie; and when that lie is old, entrenched, vigorously defended and comfortingly familiar, the correcting truth can be very hard to learn, and even harder to act upon.

That's why one of the most challenging gifts to receive this holiday season is a copy of 'Cracking the Code- The Fascinating Truth About Taxation In America'.

Learning the truth about the income tax means setting aside misconceptions nurtured for a lifetime. Acting on that truth means abandoning lifelong servility to the state through the offices of the IRS-- the one organization whose carefully cultivated reputation as a rabid junkyard dog is feared by everyone in America.

Both of those things are really hard!

Continued...

Other Voices : 'Reclaiming Your Inner Fascist'
An insightful and important commentary on propaganda by C.J. Hopkins with an equally important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always: Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!