The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:01 pm 

The January 13, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

Why I Write About Politics And Public Policy
...rather than just stick to the income tax.

EVERY NOW AND THEN I am sent a grumbly inquiry, or see one in a forum, asking, "Why do you have to go off on politics (or foreign policy, or critiques of the administration, or current events, or whatever)? Why don't you just stick to the income tax?!" These grumbles will almost inevitably come from someone who disagrees with (or, at least, doesn't like) what I have written on the other subject.

Almost always, the complaint will be accompanied by a warning that in critiquing particular policies or politicians I am alienating folks who otherwise would embrace CtC. I am warned, in effect, that my critique of someone's favorite political figure or policy position will keep that person from respecting the rule of law in regard to the tax, because their enthusiasm for their guy or gal, or their favored program, will override every other consideration.

This caution is very sound, as it happens. But the implicit solution-- my refraining from political commentary, is not. In fact, it is because the caution is sound that it must be disregarded.

So, let me explain.

Continued...

STILL: The Virtual Certainty Of Foreign Interference In The 2020 Elections
...due to NSA operatives giving unredacted dirt on American politicians to another country's intelligence service.

From the article:

"[B]y at least 2009, Israel had co-opted the US National Security Agency into handing over all data collected by the spy agency from 24/7 surveillance of every American-- in raw (that is, unredacted) form. A risible fig-leaf in the form of an Israeli promise to ignore and destroy material concerning American government officials will ease the concerns of only the extraordinarily gullible over what is obviously the acquisition by a foreign interest of the means to directly control American politicians, media moguls and other wielders of power and influence."

Somehow this story from two weeks ago seems to be getting overlooked when it really should be the #1 topic of conversation nationwide, especially in light of recent events in the Middle East. I strongly encourage everyone to read the whole article carefully.

2015 And 2016 Editions Have Been Added To The Online Newsletter Archive
...for your browsing pleasure and research benefit.

THE ONLINE NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE can be accessed here. As noted in the introduction, when I set up the archive I posted recent editions (2017, 2018 and 2019), with more to come as I find the time. Last week I found some, and spent it adding the published pages from 2015 and 2016.

Enjoy!

Other Voices

'Blood On Whose Hands?'

An important commentary by Brett Wilkins with an equally important afterword by Yours Truly.

"THE UNITED STATES DOMESTIC PROPAGANDA MACHINE is the best the world has ever known. One focus of its attention over the last 20 years, especially, has been implanting the ridiculous notion that the United States is a divinely anointed self-serving killer-- that when Washington shovels money to arms merchants and uses the purchased goods to make widows and orphans on behalf of its clients and cronies, it does so with the approval of Heaven.

Another program of that domestic propaganda apparatus attempts to obscure the personal moral agency in all that selfish killing from individual Americans. One key tool in that batch of eyewash is promoting the fiction that Americans have no choice but to finance all the death."

Continued...

And, of course, as always:

Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

“Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of morals engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”

-James Madison

Please don't leave me just preaching to the choir!
We both want to restore liberty and the rule of law in our lifetime, so share, share, share!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:14 pm 

Pertaining to Operation Blackout

https://www.mintpressnews.com/cybereaso ... ns/263886/

Well worth the read as the 2020 general election approaches.The simulations become the reality, just as in the 911 attacks, Sandy Hook, a host of others. All Mossad and "Unit 8200." To what extent the CIA and NSA have been overcome, not too hard to guess, is it? And you know what Trump and all the Presidents do these days to whistleblowers.

Whitney Webb is one of the best working journalists in the business today. I shared her five-part column on Epstein in my Epstein Trails: http://bit.ly/2kf5gUJ_The_Epstein_Trails.