The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 pm 

From Pete's analysis on the losthorizons site, which I've had corroborated as conservative by a mathematician friend and fellow educated filer, the average amount of available funds if half of every victor--retaining or recovering his property through educated filing--amounts to more than $5 million annually.

We know that we 'educateds' are increasingly being targeted for frivolous return penalties (FRPs) and my sense is that a high percentage of educateds (50%?) [and virtually all the movers and shakers in the various state forums] are increasingly, eventually afflicted by blatantly illegal FRP assessments w/ related harassment, and suffering these wrongs--also increasingly at the state levels--without the Agency(s) responding at all to well-crafted rejection arguments by informed, educated filers to such criminally liable, corrupt behavior.

Which also means that large numbers of us educateds are simply 'waiting forever' for our refunds/recoveries or resolutions of the bogus fines and harassments. This poses a serious problem for those of us afflicted by these ongoing outrages when it comes to convincing in good faith any prospect for actual CtC filing. Regardless of how many billboards or other marketing intelligence we come up with.

My question is is there a way to determine how many victors are willing to part with 10% of their recoveries/retentions to fund via a Pete-approved class-action suit(s) that would be fundraised and conducted with Pete's ongoing consent--including wording of the suit and selection of attorneys--by a third entity, not by Pete himself (but with a suitable CtC educated filer(s) of standing establishing a foundation or unincorporated association for that purpose).

This third-party organization, under the CtC organization umbrella, would need to frame the suit, do the fundraising (for a fee based on funds raised), find the legal firm(s), and generally strategize for success to a) sue the IRS and particular individuals based on discovery for gross misconduct in office for recovery and say, a ballpark $50 million in damages... to be distributed among standing participants [I would take those of standing to be anyone receiving an FRP and any additional illegal harassment for a to-be-defined educated filing], b) a public apology by the commissioner(s) to all such defined educated filers, and c) a public declaration from the commissioner that henceforth educated filings will be fully acceptable and processed in accordance with the law.

The other question for those largely silent year-after-year CtC victors who we are asking to fund this suit is what do they think the odds of success are, and would such a success be something they would be excited to see? What do the movers and shakers think the odds are, what does Pete think the odds are, whether we go directly at the IRS as a whole or state by state, or filer by filer? How does it work? Let's say the third party association comes up with $4 million, will that be enough to find a conventional law firm who will stand a chance of understanding the law and bringing the $50 million suit?

To me, whether or not the class-action suit "works," if it gets past the hurdle of major law firm bringing the suit to court with national exposure, we educateds will have won perhaps the dream victory that we have always imagined: general acceptance and knowledge of the law... and the magnificence of the Hendrickson Discovery.

Just throwing that out there as a trial balloon. Are there enough silent year-by-year successful educated filers willing to kick in 10% of their recoveries/retentions to make such a revolutionary, sweeping understanding actually happen?!! And how do we make sure they're there, put a notice in the newsletter? Also, do we have a young, energetic team willing to do the fundraising and conduct the business of the class-action entity, and what would they charge. 1% of $5 million is $50,000.

bw
Author of CtC primer[url]American Gumption Catharsis: http://bit.ly/2VHwK6d_American_Gumption-Catharsis[/url] PS: I don't know how to apply the link html in this forum software.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:05 pm 

Hi Brian. I commend you on your effort to organize a class action. I would be open to any action that helped to expose this FRP fraud and bring it to an end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:15 pm 

Thank you, Jeff. But what I think we need is a large consensus among the victor community that they are willing to 'tithe' their recoveries to a suitably organized and Pete approved class-action suit. The responsibility to make such an effort lies with those of us who have benefited by CtC substantially. And the person(s) making the 'tithe' pitch for class action have to be separate from Pete, for a couple of reasons, but mainly we don't want to have Pete be in the constant position of tooting his own horn for the good of the community. The fundraising must come via a separate entity than just sending a check to Commerce Township, MI. It has to be a foundation or an unincorporated association that is sanctioned by, but not run by Pete.

The potential IS there: >$5 million/year if half of all victories were to 'tithe.' That buys a lot of 'good' conventional lawyers and a much better prospect of success. For example, with the FRP and followon (who knows why?) fines of $5K ea, I 'owe' $25K over three four years of filing educated... plus the Agency and, recently, my own state of Michigan have illegally dunned (taken back or refused to pay) me for ~$7,500 if you include all my expenses. With the fear and anxiety factor, I feel a reasonable class-action damage to seek for me personally is $7,500 plus treble damages of $22,500. A $50 million class-action suit seems entirely fitting, with the law firm keeping a third.

The project will have to be presented to the CtC community with Pete's concurrence via a separate, though Pete-approved, financial entity who makes the case and draws the funds. And keeps a standard fundraising percentage based on money raised. I'm too old to be that entity, but I can sure help with the fine print. We need two or three CtCers to bang the drums and make it happen. But FIRST the community needs to be primed to assure the fundraising that we have 50% of us willing to 'tithe' our recoveries.

bw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:21 am 

I'm with you Brian