The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, March 9, 2020
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:24 pm 

The March 9, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

Manchester, Matey!
The next CtC Seminar will rock the 'Live Free or Die!' state on Saturday, April 4!
Bring yourself, your friends, and your significant others for some serious inspiration and education immersion!!
See this page for details and registration.

Saving Julian
Code-cracking on behalf of one the 21st Century's greatest heroes in the struggle to rescue self-government from becoming a pretense at the hands of a corrupt, secretive, "just trust us" State.

JULIAN ASSANGE, the founder of WikiLeaks and by far the most effective little boy who ever pointed a finger and called out the nakedness of an emperor and the corruption of his court (or in this case, the deep, dark, swamp-creature criminal insanity of that court) has been held for about a year now in a British super-max. Most of this time has been spent in solitary confinement.

The brutal treatment is being visited upon Assange while Britain pretends to hear his challenge to the legitimacy of his extradition to a show-trial in Virginia and death in a United States super-max for exposing US (and UK) war crimes, diplomatic duplicity, CIA "false flag" cybertools, and the vandalizing of the Bernie Sanders campaign on behalf of Hilary Clinton's bid in 2016, among much else. Having been caught out in their sins, both the US and the UK are doing all that they can to punish and destroy the man who exposed them, and to deter future whistleblowers by the example being set with Julian.

That effort to deter future sunlight being shed on government misdeeds is the greatest crime of them all. It is an assault on the very principles of self-governance and natural law underlying the US Declaration of Independence and particularly the First and Second Amendments to the United States Constitution. It is an assault meant to thwart effective sovereignty of the People. As perpetrated by US officials, it might well qualify as treason, and it certainly is a violation of their oaths of office.

And of course, that assault is also a great evil simply in terms of the torture to which one good man is being subjected. Assange is a man after whom liberty- and rule-of-law-loving Americans should be naming their kids. At the very least, he is a man behind whom Americans should be rallying, and were it not for what amounts to a MSM blackout on his contributions and his ordeal, that's what we all would surely be doing.

SADLY, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE MEMORY-HOLING of this hero-- I'm the victim of a suppression campaign myself, and my pulpit is therefore very much not "bully". But I might be able to help in another way, by applying my unique legal expertise to an analysis of the allegations on which Assange's extradition and eventual trial will be based.

Does Assange need my help? I don't know.

He has a fine legal team, I am sure. Those who stand up for Julian do so because they passionately support natural law (meaning they are clear thinkers) and have the good habits necessary to seek out and take in the whole story, no matter where it takes them. Discovering and upholding the truth are their highest aspirations. These are the characteristics of the best legal minds.

However, Julian's lawyers are all British (UK, anyway), and thus not deeply accustomed to the nuances of US law. Further, until even the finest legal mind has encountered a certain volume and variety of corruption from US DoJ and co-opted judicial-branch malefactors, it can suffer from the natural human tendency to expect one's opponents to have the same basic integrity as oneself.

The insufficiently-burned-by-experience good guy persists in such a mistake even when that opponent argues fundamentally flawed positions on behalf of a corrupt purpose, imagining this to simply be an expression of professional duty.

Hampered by this sort of blind-spot, the high-character legal mind will assume that his/her opponents are faithfully representing the laws and legal authorities on which they rely. The insufficiently-burned good guy or gal will not reflexively look for themselves. (That such fact-checking is very burdensome lends itself to unconscious support for imagining that an opponent can be taken at his word, in an unfortunate feedback loop.)

In any event, and whatever the underlying reason, there are at least a few major issues with the charges against Assange that have gone unaddressed throughout the initial week of extradition proceedings, based on what I have seen of the daily reports compiled by observers in the gallery. I will lay these out below, amongst which is at least one that should entirely dispose of the assaults with even a minimalist presentation.

This notion of contributing my observations and analyses is a fresh one, prompted by having just lately had the opportunity to see the arguments being made on Julian's behalf. Consequently, the presentation below will not be fleshed out with supporting authorities and appropriate styling for a legal brief, either written or oral.

I may attend to those omissions subsequently, or I may leave that to Julian's official team.

Of course, what I present may be superfluous, with everything I point out already recognized. But maybe not, and either way, I want to do what I can to help.

Continued...

Other Voices
Humanity Is Making A Very Important Decision When It Comes To Assange

A wise observation and wake-up call by Caitlin Johnstone, followed by an important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 pm 

Well done, maestro. It's always amazed me how the US can claim any jurisdiction over a non-US citizen for alleged crimes occurring outside of US jurisdiction. btw, I'll wager half or more of the individuals in the pro-Trump group we attended tonight care one whit for the freedom of whistleblowers. Trump sure doesn't. Our tyranny is bipartisan and neither partisan has the slightest notion that it's working in treason to the Consitution and Declaration.