The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, March 30, 2020
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:09 pm 

The March 30, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter Mid-Edition Update
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

Clarifying A Tweet
Odd topic for an article, I know, but read on...

THIS PAST THURSDAY, in reaction to the state's outrageous proposal to massively inflate (devalue) the fiat money already out there by way of the "CARES Act" (rather than solving the problem more responsibly by simply standing down from all the unconstitutional hindrances that have been fastened upon American economic activity)-- and in recognition of an opportunity to make some lemonade out of some lemons-- I tweeted the following:

Word to Congress: NOT ONE MORE DIME ON FOREIGN AID.
NOT ONE MORE DIME DEFENDING FOREIGN COUNTRIES; GARRISONING FOREIGN COUNTRIES; OR MAKING WAR ON BEHALF OF FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
AMERICA FIRST!!

Afterward, I realized that I may have been remiss in assuming a general understanding of the term "Foreign Aid", which some might mistakenly imagine to be a kind of well-meant charity. That mistake is, after all, the intention of the label given to the practice, and not everyone has had a chance to learn differently.

Hence, the need for clarification, lest those taken in by the euphemistic label might imagine me to be a Scrooge arguing against American relief efforts to those in need, or the like.

Continued...

The Hysteria Supplement
My special Covid-19 newspage.

MOST OF YOU WHO RECEIVE NEWSLETTER UPDATE EMAILS (which is accomplished by making use of one of the methods explained here) will have seen at least the first edition of The Hysteria Supplement, issued on Tuesday, March 24. Since then, some degree of updating has taken place every day.

Current contents are as shown below, and can be found at http://losthorizons.com/THS.htm.

***A Collection Of Facts To Help With Clear-Thinking About Anxieties And Policy Choices***

***An Entertaining Lesson In Proper Analysis Of Scare Stats***

***A Rebuttal Of Discouraging Responses To The Emergence Of A Cure For Covid-19***

***Another Well-Taken Analysis And Debunk Of Scare Stat Fallacies***

***Draft Legislation For Compelling Hysterical (Or "Crisis"-Exploiting) Political Units To Stand Down***

***It's Time To Post A Reward For Information Leading To...***

AS A RULE, I will post purely Covid-19-related articles to the supplement page, going forward. Mixed-subject (and entirely non-Covid-19) articles will still appear on the regular newsletter and mid-edition update pages.

Why Did Everyone Miss The Very Shiny Pearl I Tossed Out Last Week?
...and thus miss a great opportunity to make lemonade out of the current inundation of lemons?

BEING MADE MUCH OF IN THE WEEKEND NEWS has been the belated "fast-track" approval a few days ago by the FDA for use of the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin cure which was proven 100% successful in French clinical trials earlier this month (and about which you learned here ten days ago). Woot, woot, right?

Of course, in just the couple of weeks since the publication of the French trial results on March 17 some number of American Covid-19 victims have died. During those same couple of weeks several state governments (such as Michigan's, as reported here) have imposed bans on the use of these drugs due to a lack of prior FDA approval. Until those state government let themselves be bumped out of that groove and stand down from these restrictions many more will die.

And yet, no one needed to die for lack of this hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin treatment. The simple fact is that no doctor in America is or ever was legally obliged to wait one minute for FDA approval before treating with these drugs. Not one manufacturer is or ever was obliged to seek or wait for FDA approval to make, label or market these drugs as treatments for Covid-19.

THE REASON I SAY these radical-sounding things about the FDA is that the agency's authority under the law is actually quite limited. What's more, the limitations on FDA authority are expressed in the law with remarkable clarity.

Here is the legislative imposition of federal authority over new drugs, treatments, devices, etc. (the term "drug" is very expansively defined for purposes of the following, embracing all these things and more):

Continued...

Other Voices
'Punishing America's Enemies'
Denying medicines to Iran and Venezuela is a crime against humanity.

DON'T MISS THIS GREAT OBSERVATION by Philip Giraldi, and my very important afterword drilling down even deeper and explaining what is to be done!

Continued...

Plus,
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!