The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, May 18, 2020
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:44 am 

The May 18, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

Hey, People!! Start making plans (and getting your RSVPs in) for the 13th (and perhaps last) Declaration Day Party, July 4, 2020!!

And, HEY, II! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

What REAL America Looks Like
I'm SO tired of feeling stuck on the set of a low-budget horror film... or trapped in an insane asylum...

THE PHOTO ABOVE is of the excellent Jeremy Lee's picture window, and what a picture it is! American as apple pie, and 1000% healthier than the cramped and creepy little spider-hole that every pearl-clutching idiot victimized by panic propaganda and the opportunistic political hacks exploiting it have been pushing on this great country.

Jeremy urges everyone to produce his or her own window sign announcing their true feelings, and I heartily second that notion. Statements like these should be everywhere-- in windows, on yard signs, on vehicles and even on T-shirts. I don't know if Michael's or Joann's are open, or if they have succumbed to the Blob, but even if the latter, white T-shirts and magic markers can be gotten at any Meijer's or Walmart...

THAT SAID, AND WITHOUT IN ANY WAY DIMINISHING my heartfelt "Namaste" to Jeremy and everyone else making virtuous statements like his, I have to take things a step further today. At the time of this posting we are on the eve of the 60th day of "lockdown". That's 60 days during which grossly-illegal edicts from "officials" in various posts across America have been fastened upon us, and have been ferociously eating away at our substance.

That "eating away" is being concealed somewhat by the accompanying illegal acts of printing vast new deeply-inflationary amounts of pretend money which is being passed out to people who have been ordered to watch their businesses and jobs wither away into dust, as though they (the people, the businesses and the jobs) belonged to the state, which can therefore destroy them at its pleasure.

EVEN MORE SIGNIFICANT is the eating-away at American understanding of the rule of law. During the last 60 days millions of younger Americans-- who have never been taught, in the government schools to which they were delivered every day throughout their formative years, a single valid thing about where "officials" get their authority and how it is constrained-- have been being conditioned to accept the notion that people and people's businesses belong to the state, which can therefore destroy them at its pleasure.

The assault on America taking place today is as serious as a heart attack, and it is worsening in the harm it is already doing and the further harm it threatens for the future each and every day you allow it to go on.

Continued...

Not Letting This "Crisis" Go To Waste...
...an important action item opportunity.

FRIENDS, THE BIT OF EASING of the despotic measures to which most of the country has been subjected this spring should not be allowed to bleed off the head of steam you probably had been developing. The offenses happened, and they're far from over. Stay hot.

And while you are all warmed up, and while others, if they're smart, are just as hot, I'd like you to send an email (and Facebook post, or whatever) with the following content to everyone you can (with a request that they pass it along, in turn):

[Name], over the last several months you've watched as over-fed state power has been used to literally destroy classical Western civilization and impose a new despotic paradigm. No dissent or debate permitted-- no permission or agreement sought.

YOU KNOW where this will end up if the arrogant state power being used to make this happen isn't radically diminished in size, influence, resources and popular support, and exposed as an opportunistic exploiter of legal ignorance (an ignorance which it has been nurturing in the average mind for decades).

Those things having not yet happened, you should be quaking in your boots-- and you probably are.

Isn't it time-- and past time-- for you to begin helping to make those desperately-needed defensive changes take place? There is only one way these things can happen short of a who-knows-what we'll-end-up-with explosion of violence. I'm going to show it to you.

Read this little two-page document. Click on the links at the end.

When you're done with that reading, you'll know what to do next.

"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from falling into error."
-United States Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson

Continued...

Newly added to The Hysteria Supplement:
The Ongoing Effort To Leverage Months of Conditioning Into Residual Despotism
Persistent number-fudging keeps the panic alive and the populace largely compliant as the chains are fastened in place.

Saturday, May 16, 2020: AS OF THIS MORNING, THE CDC IS REPORTING 85,990 total deaths from C19 in the USA:

...but note that asterisk below that big scary number (which is actually a typical figure for seasonal flu mortality) and alongside the "2,043 New Deaths" assertion. Clicking on the "About the Data" link below that asterisk takes us to this:

Continued...

Virus Of Mass Destruction
An observation of circumstances now so dark that even C.J. Hopkins can't muster much whimsy in discussing them, followed by a very important afterword by Yours Truly.

DON'T MISS ANY OF THIS, friends. We are not in a time suited to surfing-- this is a time calling for serious intake, serious resolution and serious follow-through.

Read carefully, share widely, and stand tall.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899