The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, July 20, 2020
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:01 pm 

The July 20, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter Mid-Edition Update
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

Louisiana AG Jeff Landry Steps Up With A Good Swing At The "Lockdown" Crimes
And a Louisiana Liberty Key Has been produced to put even more power behind his bat...

JEFF LANDRY, ATTORNEY GENERAL of the Pelican State, has issued a very welcome and fairly solid legal condemnation of the various C19 hysteria-edicts issued by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards. Landry's denunciation is particularly interesting in that the substance of the orders being addressed, in significant instances, mirrors that of edicts issued by other would-be despots around the country-- including those of Michigan Governess Gretchen Whitmer discussed in detail here.

Good as Landry's slap-around of Edwards' pretensions may be (and it is-- see it here), he nonetheless fails to make the most fundamental and the most powerful and dispositive presentation that could (and should) be made. Accordingly, upon being alerted to Landry's good efforts and plainly righteous intentions by the excellent Janice Daniels, I have gone ahead and cranked out 'The Louisiana "Lockdown" Liberty And Accountability Key'.

Like all the others, the new Louisiana Liberty Key DOES make the fundamental and dispositive presentation of the invalidity of John Bel Edwards' edicts. This is not a presentation condemning the offending measures for being internally inconsistent, or wrong-headed economically. Instead, it is a bedrock invalidation through a close analysis and application of express prescriptions and proscriptions of the People's Law-- the Louisiana Constitution.

Continued...

A Couple Of Words About Recent Federal Kidnappings
Another push on the envelope that needs to be quickly called out and slapped down.

OMINOUS WORD HAS COME OF VANS carrying federal agents from one or another three-letter which troll about Portland, Oregon snatching people off the streets. The declared reason for this bizarre and very disturbing step outside the law, as articulated in a statement by the Department of Homeland Security through its 'U.S. Customs and Border Protection' unit, is suspicions that the kidnap victims are guilty of "assaults against federal agents or destruction of federal property".

I am not going to pretend to have spent a whole lot of time on this issue-- I haven't. In fact, I really just became aware of it Sunday morning from an article in the paper. But even without any dig-in, it can be said with some confidence that the feds have no more proper authority to be snatching people off the streets of Portland for offenses committed in Portland against federal property or personnel than would New York have to dispatch cops into Pennsylvania to similarly seize "suspects" thought to have done damage in the Keystone state to some New York artifact presently away from home.

Crimes committed against ANYBODY'S property or persons within Oregon are within the exclusive bailiwick of Oregon (or in this case, perhaps Portland, as well) to address. Even when the aggrieved party is the arrogant Uncle Sam, he is then no more than a plaintiff or complainant. Unless the crime is being committed, and the suspect found, on federal property itself, Uncle Sam and all his minions have no more authority to unilaterally hunt down and sieze an alleged perp than you do.

Continued...

'Social-Distancing' And Masks Have Done NOTHING
A handy, concise drill-down on this important point.

THOSE FOLLOWING ALONG HERE over the last several months will know that I've written quite a lot on the subject of the actual distribution data concerning C19. I've also written a lot on the relevance of that actual data to the "climbing cases" nonsense and related rationales for continuing or renewing disastrous and illegal "lockdown" and "mandatory masking" policies.

Last week I decided it would be helpful in continuing to pursue the latter class of subjects to construct a single, tightly-packaged treatment of the distribution issue, which otherwise has seen mostly fleeting touchdowns of varying depth made in the course of writing about the other issues. Others might find that concise treatment useful for opening masked minds, as well.

So:

Continued...

Other Voices
'Notorious Fourth: Independence Day in the Land of the Captive, the Home of the Cowed'

DON'T MISS THIS GREAT COMMENTARY by Michael Lesher, and my very important afterword drilling down and providing the solution!

Continued...

Plus,
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!