The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 pm 

The August 24, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge-- and actual solutions-- intersect with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

Jorgensen for President

A Very Worthwhile Video
Despite the somewhat hokey subtitle, this is a powerful and important chunk of investigative journalism.

THE FILM BELOW IS WELL WORTH the 1:15 of watching time. The much shorter one that follows it is also very good. When finished, see "How Stupid Do They Think We Are?" to round out the picture. Then forward this link (to the article you're reading) like your liberty depends on it.

Continued...

A Word About "Systemic Racism"...
Because it's time to retire this deliberate distraction from the C19 coup-in-progress.

BULLSH*T. That's the word.

I'm 65 years old, and my generation runs this country. While there are certainly some racists in the ranks, they are outliers in my generation's culture-- viewed with scorn by the vast majority and possessed of no institutional or "systemic" significance.

What allows the contrary narrative serving the interests of "race hustlers" and other exploiters to survive and even capture the spotlight over the last few months is just cultivated ignorance and disinformation. Let me take a shot at clearing up some of that fog.

WHEN MY GENERATION-- the one that runs things, now, remember; the one that establishes what is "systemic" in America-- was coming up and formulating its views, we thought Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte, Sammy Davis Jr., Aretha Franklin, Jimi Hendrix, Chief Dan George, Carlos Casteneda, Mother Teresa, Carlos Santana, Bill Cosby, Marvin Gaye, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Hank Aaron, Khalil Gibran and Bhagwan Shri Rajneesh were superstars, along with thousands of other "people of color". The fact they they were "people of color" never even entered our minds.

We cared about what people did, not what they looked like. Work hard enough to develop and display a talent or skill or wisdom or great spirit and we embraced you, whether you were black, brown, red, yellow or white.

Continued...

Lockdown Restrictions Are A Test To See How Much Tyranny Americans Will Accept
SOME GREAT WRITING AND COGENT OBSERVATIONS by Brandon Smith, with a very important afterword by Yours Truly.

Don't miss any of this, friends. We are not in a time suited to surfing-- this is a time calling for serious intake, serious resolution and serious follow-through.

Read carefully, share widely, and stand tall.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899