The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 pm 

The September 14, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter Mid-Edition Update
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

The Russians Appear To Have A Viable Vaccine...

...AS REPORTED LAST WEEK IN THE LANCET and elsewhere. Thus, it is past time for us all to get busy thoroughly embedding into the narrative the fact that such prophylactics are only for the coronaphobics. They are NOT to be forced upon, or even obnoxiously urged upon, anyone else-- because there is no rational justification for such a thing.

Remember, a vaccine protects the one taking it from the relevant pathogen. Once vaccinated, that person is no longer in danger from the feared organism, regardless of whether others are vaccinated, masked, whatever.

Once vaccinated, even the most timid coronaphobic lacks a pretext for attempting to selfishly control the behavior of others for the sake of the phobic's peace of mind, either through coerced vaccinations or through the masking, "social distancing", and so forth that have been demanded of everyone for months now.

EXPECT SOME PUSHBACK in the form of arguments that those who don't vaccinate impose a burden on the health care system (or create a danger of the health care system being overwhelmed with unvaccinated C19 "cases"). Be prepared to bat these softballs away.

Using the seasonal flu as a model offers a rebuttal for both arguments. The reasoning would be the same, since the flu periodically has hospitalization and death rates comparable to even the politically-inflated C19 numbers (and always comparable to, or greater than, the real C19 numbers). But because the flu hasn't had a related hysteria campaign put into place, no one will successfully sustain an argument for the same panic response.

Since the panic and "new normal"-required argument can't be successfully made to the American people as to the flu, it can't survive rational resistance when made in regard to C19.

As noted above (and shown in exhaustive and broadly-informative detail here), C19 is now shown by the data to be not only no more of a health threat than the flu. But the same data show that the C19 threat it is actually much less. After all the flu afflicts everyone, whereas people who are otherwise healthy or are under 65 are very nearly immune to C19, and under no threat of fatal outcome even if infected, without any treatments or precautions at all. See here and here.

The flu is easily handled by the existing healthcare infrastructure, and C19 proved to be just as easily handled. I imagine that many reading these words saw the same evidence of this as Doreen and I did, when a local convention hall was hurriedly converted into a high-capacity C19 hospital (to much grim fanfare), only to quietly be decommissioned a month later after never being needed to handle even a single case.

Continued...

Regarding Riots, Looting And Property Destruction

JUST A QUICK THOUGHT on this item: It seems to me that those facing damage to property or person at the hands of the "protestors" in various places around the country are well-equipped by the facts to act in any fashion minimally to moderately necessary in defense of either.

In the places to which I refer, the local governing authorities, including the police, have stood down, meaning that no protection is to be had from that quarter. Such circumstances seem exactly those contemplated by the legal doctrine, 'Quod est necessarium est licitum', that is, "What is necessary is lawful".

This doctrine will be especially helpful in grown-up states which recognize that no free and sovereign human being is under a valid obligation to retreat in the face of aggression against his or her person, property, or another individual. But I think it would be hard to argue against it anywhere that the police have been told to let the crazies carry on unhindered.

Continued...

Does Everyone Understand That "Cases" Doesn't Mean Sicknesses?

ANOTHER QUICK NOTE: I hope that everyone is on top of the fact that the "cases" of C19 being tallied and used as the pretexts for continued "lockdowns" and testing regimes and all the rest of the C19-hysteria-claptrap are NOT instances of people sickened with C19. Rather, these are instances in which evidence of the virus is found-- in most cases with no actual illness manifesting at all-- and sometimes even just evidence of a prior encounter with the virus indicated solely by the presence of antibodies.

In other words, these "cases" do NOT represent or imply any burden on the healthcare infrastructure whatever, nor any portent of fatalities to be added to the existing numbers.

Continued...

'The Stalinist Trial Of Julian Assange. Whose Side Are You On?'
A sobering statement and testimonial by John Pilger, and my very important afterword calling this assault the treason that it is.

Continued...

Plus,
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!