The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Frivolous Return Penalty
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:09 pm 

My husband and I have been in a battle fighting the “frivolous return penalty” on our amended returns for 2016, 2015 and 2014. We filed our 2016 amended return on July 7, 2017 (2015 and 2014 we filed on January of 2018). The point we are at right now with 2016 is our Collection Due Process hearing is being processed and waiting for a Tax Examiner to contact us.

All three returns are the typical unlawful/criminal responses that are found on losthorizons. Argument 44, the unlawful notice of Intent to Levy based on IRC Section 6331(d), etc.

My husband and I have been led to write a letter/affidavit to Attorney General William Barr which we mailed on 11-15-2019. The purpose in our letter/affidavit is to ask the AG to start an investigation into the “frivolous return penalty” scheme that has been going on since approximately 2009 and has harmed and damaged many men and women. Also cited Pete’s work in researching and documenting this scheme, with information on how to find his website and book.

In our affidavit we provided the evidence through our 2016, 2015 and 2014 amended returns, the crimes/corruption/extortion that have been committed by the IRS in its unlawful use of the “frivolous return penalty” scheme, which they base on IRC Section 6702 “Frivolous Tax Submissions”.

We included evidence to prove their corruption scheme. This evidence included our three amended returns; copies of our FOIA requests of Form 8278 (which state ARG44 as the reason for the “frivolous penalty”); copies of CP504 Notice of Intent to Levy based on 6331(d); covered the key points in the stated intent of Congress behind 26 USC section 6702 and lastly covered the subject that it is a requirement for the IRS to process valid returns and what constitutes a valid return.

At the end of our letter/affidavit we carbon copied the IRS-Ogden Office and will be sending the copy of our letter/affidavit to AG Barr off to the IRS this coming week for their records.

I share all of this to ask if others that are in/or were in the same battle with the “frivolous return penalty” want to join us in sending a letter/affidavit to the AG as well. If more grievances are filed, I know it will be a stronger force for an investigation to be opened.

What do you think, my fellow CTCer’s?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 pm 

Hi Terri. I am in a very similar situation and have every intention of filing grievances with my representative in Congress and the AG.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:36 pm 

Hi Terri,
As with Jeff, I'm likely in the same situation as well. Many claims of FRPs, multiple times for the same filing etc. I too would be interested in seeing the format of the letters you have sent to the AG. My inner cynicism says that the government investigating the government will not be fruitful, but maybe more voices are better than fewer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:22 pm 

Hi Terri, thank you for your post. I too am getting ready for a CDP hearing for the same “frivolous return penalty” scheme, and after getting back the FOIA, Form 8278 also states ARG44 as the reason for the “frivolous penalty” - I am also trying to ascertain if the assessment was properly signed by the right officer and I have to dig into by FOIA forms to see what they sent me. I am also interested in joining your Affidavit if it isn't too late but I suspect it is. Can you offer any guidance on this?