The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:04 pm 

The October 12, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter Mid-Edition Update
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

Plugging The PCR Test Into The C19 Panic-Mongering Picture
...you know, the test revealing all the alleged "cases" now being used as the rationale for continuing to extend the two-week "curve flattening" impositions of "lockdown", masking, "social distancing", etc...

LET'S START WITH a little review. To begin with, let's remember that "flattening the curve" was the soft pitch back in March, so that the healthcare infrastructure would not be overwhelmed. That was the sole rationale for "lockdown", "social-distancing", masks and all the rest.

No one ever agreed to hunker down and let ourselves be treated as presumptive disease vectors and to let our children be conditioned with fear and denied normal healthy development as human beings in order to eliminate all chance of anyone catching the virus. Nor did we do so in order to spare germophobes and hypochondriacs the need to use adequate PPE and to personally inconvenience themselves alone until they could get vaccinated and convince themselves that they were then safe from risk of infection.

LET'S ALSO REMEMBER that there never WAS any overwhelming of the healthcare infrastructure, when all the mitigation insanity was in full swing and when none of it was. The closest thing to crowded hospitals came in the early days when the panic-mongering was most effective and those in the most poorly-educated and least-educable underclass demographic rushed into urban hospitals as soon as a bad head cold developed, certain it was the dreaded C19.

Many of those folks then ended up strapped to their beds, dosed with paralytics, and fitted with death-inducing ventilators, eventually being used to falsely inflate the alleged Covid-19 fatality figures to the great satisfaction of the panic-mongering and exploiting political and commercial interests, and the great financial benefit of the hospitals involved.

LET'S REMEMBER, TOO that 42% of the overall total of those C19 fatality figures are of the very old and sick in nursing homes to which elderly patients sick with contagious respiratory illnesses were sent by certain state governors, who apparently felt those older patients were not "essential" enough to deserve a hospital bed. These gubernatorially-installed disease vectors were likely sick with the normal seasonal flu (which doctors were encouraged to designate as C19), but that's just as fatal a virulent illness as anything out there when installed within an elderly population-- and especially an elderly population with comorbidities.

Especially let's remember that by mid-March, and before any of the "lockdown" and masking and "social-distancing nonsense, many millions of Americans had already been infected with C19 and had had the disease runs its course completely. This wildfire of infections produced fewer than 100 fatalities during its three+ months from onset to the needless imposition of panic-induced lives- and livelihoods-destroying "safety" measures which have been in place ever since, justified by steadily and dramatically-fudged numbers of purported fatalities actually reached by calling virtually every death from any cause a "C19 death" when C19 can even be speculatively imagined to be present.

That tragic but tiny case fatality rate last winter provides a true picture of the relatively harmless nature of the disease. Plainly, C19 tracks the also-massively-oversold "swine flu" pandemic a whole lot more closely than the "Spanish flu" pandemic of 1918 to which it is often hysterically likened.

Adding Another Dot To Connect In The Chain

Continued...

Regarding The "Militia" Arrests In Michigan Last Week
...concerning which the dialogue is more interesting in what is going unsaid than in what is being said.

THE FIRST THING TO BE SAID is that very little is being said. As of Sunday morning, more than 72 hours after the arrests were announced and 48 hours after a series of local and national news blurbs were aired and the Friday papers offered some hyperventilated police-blotter-grade reportage, the media appears to have largely let the matter drop.

I have yet to find a single bit of punditry in the alt-media upon which I am usually able to rely for at least honest, and generally courageous, commentary on newsworthy events. Nor can any MSM coverage of the matter be found that is more recent than Friday other than a batch of opinion pieces, clunky "bios" of the accused and the standard, "I never would have guessed" interviews of their neighbors offered in the Sunday Detroit Free Press.

NEXT, LET ME POINT OUT, for the sake of those who didn't follow this story closely during its brief MSM airing, that there were actually two apparently distinct sets of arrests. One was of six suspects charged by the feds with plotting to seize Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer at gunpoint and put her on trial for treason.

The other arrests conducted at the same time were by the state of Michigan and involve accusations against seven men in which "plotting the violent overthrow of the government" is dramatically declared. However, no one in this latter group is charged with anything but "gang membership", "threat of terrorism", "providing material support for terrorist acts" and "carrying or possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony".

Though more information may well change the picture eventually, this group charged by Michigan appears to have been of little more than hardcore preppers triggered by the manifest illegality of the "lockdowns", the absurd pretexts on which they were based, and the obvious fake news by which they continued to be justified over the months. These folks seem to have concluded that some despotic plan was being rolled out and had begun doing the equivalent of digging bomb shelters and laying in supplies, which in this case involved making contingency plans and doing some training for a latter-day Lexington and Concord.

Continued...

'Lockdown: The New Totalitarianism'
A timely and trenchant warning by Jeffrey A. Tucker, and my equally-important afterword providing the remedy to the threat.

Continued...

Plus,
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!