The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:02 pm 

The November 2, 2020 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge-- and actual solutions-- intersect with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

Join Me On The Power Hour With Daniel Brigman, Wednesday, November 4 at 1PM EST!
We'll be talking about the C19 panic attack-- including its relationship to the election...

ALTHOUGH I EXPECT "THE DAY AFTER" to be chaotic and anxious (not least because it will NOT really be "the day after", thanks to efforts by some to generate outcome uncertainty and the huge number of ballots sent by mail or dropbox, the effect of which will not be declared for some time), I hope you can carve out the hour to tune in. I think it will be worth your while.

The truths and the lies involved in the COVID-19 hobgoblin coup are absolute must-knows for all Americans, and I'll do my best to cover the ground in the time available. Daniel Brigman is an excellent interviewer, and we should do well-- it might even be possible to get in some of your questions, too (in anticipation of which, please closely read the material here).

Here's the link to the show: The Power Hour. Talk to you Wednesday!!

"All governments are run by liars and nothing they say should be believed."
-I. F. Stone

How A Real Journalist Comports Himself
Glenn Greenwald shows the rest how it is done.

IN MID-FEBRUARY, 2014 the Obama administration fomented a coup in Ukraine. The duly-elected government was overthrown and replaced with one more to the liking of the neocon nutcases in charge of United States foreign policy for the past several decades-- interestingly, a new government of Ukrainian Nazis.

Shortly after the coup, in May of 2014, Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company, gave then-Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter a $50,000+ per month position on its board (which lasted until 2019). The younger Biden had no apparent qualifications, and, in fact, never once visited Ukraine in connection with this highly-paid office, but it could be said that he brought value, nonetheless.

You see, at the time of the Hunter Biden board appointment, Burisma and its owner were on the radar-screen of Ukraine's top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, over various crimes and corruptions. Not long after Hunter's very rewarding and otherwise effortless position at Burisma was established, his father, Joe, forced Ukraine's new president to fire Shokin by threatening to otherwise withhold $1 billion in Congressionally-mandated loan guarantees.

As Joe put it during a 2018 speech to the Council on Foreign Relations:

"I looked at them and said: 'I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a bitch. He got fired."

Biden and his apologists have since floated the absurd proposition that he had forced the firing of Shokin because the prosecutor was "too soft on corruption"-- in particular, according to the New York Times, his slow-walking of his investigation into corruption by Burisma and its owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, or even keeping that investigation on hold so that he could use the threat of it to shake down Zlochevsky. But according to the Times itself, "within 10 months after he took office, Burisma announced that Mr. Lutsenko [Shokin's replacement] and the courts had “fully closed” all “legal proceedings and pending criminal allegations” against Mr. Zlochevsky and his companies."

It appears that things worked out well for the folks who seem to have slipped a whole lot of money to Hunter Biden for doing nothing.

Continued...

Republicans And Democrats Will Never Deliver Peace
An inconvenient truth well and properly observed by Jo Jorgensen, with a very important afterword by Yours Truly.

DON'T MISS ANY OF THIS, friends. We are not in a time suited to surfing-- this is a time calling for serious intake, serious resolution and serious follow-through.

Read carefully, share widely, and stand tall.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899