The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:57 pm 

The January 4, 2021 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge-- and actual solutions-- intersect with real Americans!

HEY, People! Please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

Resolved: No More Playing Along With The "Lockdowns"
The "pandemic" is a lie. The official responses are ruinous and illegal-- even Michigan's Supreme Court says so in no uncertain terms. It's time and past time to stop being an enabler and start being a rock on which the tide of despotism breaks.

SO. 2021.

A new year, and a point within it traditionally dedicated to reflection and resolution, followed by renewal of the good and rejection of the bad. It is at this point each year that we are supposed to evaluate the past and apply corrections ranging from tweaks to complete turnarounds.
Seldom have such practices been more important than right now.

I'M NOT GOING TO RECITE the long, dark list of social and political pathologies to which Americans have sheepishly allowed themselves to be subjected during the last 10 months, any and all of which qualify for attention. Either you know them by now or you are incapable of recognizing or acknowledging them however much they are eating out your substance.

Instead, I am going to focus on just one thing in regard to which reflection, resolution and spiritual renewal are desperately needed-- albeit, one thing with very considerable heft. I refer to the imposition of closures and restrictions aimed at business-owners by nominal executive officers of various states (the "nominal" part of which will be explained in due course).

My specific focus will be on the impositions in Michigan. Michigan lends itself particularly to this discussion, due to being both in the forefront of draconian impositions by executive decree, and in that the Supreme Court of the state has responded to those impositions in an especially notable way, which will be quoted and discussed in depth.

However, all that is explained or explored in what follows is equally applicable to every other state. So read on, even if you live outside the Great Lakes state.

Continued...

Let's Play A Disinformation Game
An illuminating analysis by L. Reichard White, and a very important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899