The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:01 pm 

The January 18, 2021 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge-- and actual solutions-- intersect with real Americans!

Friend, please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

A Stinging Rebuke; And A Shameful Hypocrisy
The "pandemic" is a lie. The official responses are ruinous and illegal-- even Michigan's Supreme Court says so in no uncertain terms. It's time and past time to stop being an enabler and start being a rock on which the tide of despotism breaks.

LET'S START WITH the "stinging rebuke"...

Last night I was very pleased to be able to post this on my twitter feed:
Quote:
Tens of thousands of Italian business owners and hundreds of thousands of patrons defy lockdown in a simultaneous, "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!" starting this past Friday. See the video reportĀ here.

Pleased for the Italians, that is.

WERE TWITTER NOT obnoxiously confined to little more than bumper-sticker volumes of text (unlike, for instance, GAB which unfortunately was down last night due to the flood of new signs-ups going on-- follow my GAB feed here) I would have gone on to say:
Quote:
Good for the Italians! But I thought AMERICA was the land of the free and home of the brave... Learn the truth about the pandemic here.

Seriously. After watching that video report on the fed-up, and grown-up, Italians, think about the rebuke their courage offers to American timidity and acquiescence in the face of uniformly illegal "lockdown" edicts.

Continued...

SO, ON TO THE shameful hypocrisy.

Last week Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's right-hand henchwoman Attorney General Dana Nessel snootily and opportunistically charged former Republican governor Rick Snyder with criminal willful neglect of duty. The charges concern the response of the Snyder administration to a long-festering problem with the city water supply in Flint, Michigan, and a persistent Legionnaire's disease infection in Flint's McLaren Hospital.

It's an odd kind of charge to begin with; that kind of sniping from a succeeding administration against a predecessor is rare. Further, Nessel's own boss and fellow-traveler, Gretchen Whitmer, could easily be charged with a similar offense in regard to at least the McLaren issue, which continues to this day. But that's not the real problem...

HERE'S THE THING: Nessel's charge specifically accuses Rick Snyder over his willful neglect of "his mandatory legal duties under the Michigan constitution and the Emergency Management Act, thereby failing to protect the health and safety of Flint's residents," per Michigan Solicitor General Fadwa Hammoud as quoted in the January 14 Detroit News.

Just three months ago Michigan's Emergency Powers Of Governor Act-- the precursor to the Emergency Management Act-- was found to be unconstitutional by Michigan's Supreme Court. The case involved was brought against Gretchen Whitmer's unlawful reliance upon the EPGA's purported authority in issuing her blizzard of invalid "lockdown" and "mask-mandate" edicts over the last ten months.

Nessel has studiously ignored the ruling and declined to bring charges against Whitmer for her defiance in continuing to issue exactly the same orders (now through the mouth of a subordinate). This neglect is a despicable hypocrisy.

Snyder may or may not have done wrong-- future legal proceedings will provide the opportunity for that determination to be made. But Whitmer surely is doing so, and with devastating consequences state-wide.

But the latter offenses, which are being committed RIGHT NOW, and which-- unlike the handling of the Flint issues-- actually can be mitigated, with the destruction and contempt for the law brought to heel, RIGHT NOW are being ignored. Apparently, this is because Whitmer's offenses are those of Nessel's political ally, or because Nessel herself approves of the crimes.

Continued...

Other Voices (Heldover)

Let's Play A Disinformation Game
An illuminating analysis by L. Reichard White, and a very important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899