The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The News, March 1, 2021
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:29 pm 

The March 1, 2021 Lost Horizons Newsletter
...where real knowledge-- and actual solutions-- intersect with real Americans!

Friend, please don't just read what I post here (or anywhere), and nod your head sagely or approvingly and then move on to other things. I don't post in order to affirm your sense of things. I post in order to equip you with perspectives and arguments with which to educate others, and in the expectation that you will forward my posts to other people (or direct them to those posts). PLEASE do those things.

We won't win by YOU knowing what I present. We will win by LOTS OF OTHERS knowing what I present.

CtC-Educated Americans Continue To Uphold The Rule Of Law!
...and continue to shrink the ever-more rogue, ever-more dangerous Leviathan state.

AS ALL OF YOU WILL BE VERY CONSCIOUS, for the last year I have been focused almost exclusively on the raging fires of the C19 pretense, including (among others):

***the absurd contrivances meant to give this relatively insignificant virus the appearance of a dire threat before which all else must give way;

***the absurd and universally illegal "remediation" edicts by which Kool-Aid-drinking Americans are made perpetually off-balance, distracted and blind to the totalitarianism to which they are being acclimated;

***the crass and possibly sinister exploitation of an engineered demand for "vaccines" against the ridiculously overblown problem;

***the recent election fraud for the accomplishment of which the C19 pretenses were leveraged and by which a buffoonish and deeply-flawed president who is nonetheless un-co-opted into this particular hobgoblin was replaced with one entirely co-opted into these pretenses and the agendas they serve; and

***the extremely sinister aggregation of most wide-reach media into monolithic agency on behalf of the narratives supporting all of the above and active suppression of competing or contradictory views, no matter how well-grounded.

These intense barrages of propaganda and corruption have opened hemorrhages by which America is being bled-out before our eyes.

The stakes in our management of these assaults are as high as they can be. Allowed to continue, the proposition that "official" declaration of a public health crisis can legitimize any one or all of the already-issued infringements or diktats regarding travel, commerce, assembly, equipage, bodily integrity, dissent, or any looming in the future will mean the utter ruin of the great American experiment in recognizing individual sovereignty as the only proper political principle upon which legitimate government can be organized.

HOWEVER, AS MUCH AS THE AFOREMENTIONED ASSAULTS remain the most immediate concern upon which American attention should be focused, it's also "tax time". That coincidence brings into better view one of the key opportunities ready at hand for all Americans wanting to stand up on behalf of the rule of law and, at a minimum, stop paying for the assaults to which they and their way of life are being subjected.

I speak, of course, of every Americans' opportunity to properly invoke the law regarding the income tax and retain all of their earnings or recover money taken from them under the fictional (and frankly, ridiculous) notion that their grandparents inexplicably sold themselves and their descendants into tax serfdom in 1913.

As used to be my frequent practice until more pressing matters pushed it aside, today we're going to celebrate another batch of good American men and women doing exactly that important work, and enjoy the evidence of their accomplishments.

LET'S START WITH Ryan MacCubbin. Over the last few months Ryan has added to his previous victories with another three complete refunds of everything taken from his earnings and given over to New Mexico under his workplace's mistaken notion that Ryan's activities were taxable. Here are Ryan's latest victories in standing up for the rule of law, in the order secured:

Continued...

Why I Believe That Covid Derangement Syndrome Is Real
by Donald J. Boudreaux

Over the past two weeks I’ve received emails urging me to tamp down my criticism of restrictions imposed in the name of fighting Covid-19. Most of the correspondents are polite, sincere, and even warm. Each, however, is convinced that I underestimate the threat that Covid poses to humanity. Each correspondent hopes that I come to take this threat much more seriously.

What follows here is part of my response to each of these correspondents. This essay isn’t meant to change their minds but, instead, to better explain why I hold the position that I do toward Covid, as well as toward the public’s and governments’ responses to Covid. For the record, I understand that different individuals have different risk preferences. I genuinely respect these differences...

Continued... (and with an important afterword by yours truly)

And, of course, as always:
Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!

"I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves...too wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country--when right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right.'"
-Senator Carl Schurz, October 17, 1899