The Lost Horizons Forum

A meeting place for the CtC-empowered.
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:14 am 

The November 4, 2019 Lost Horizons Newsletter Mid-Edition Update
...where real knowledge intersects with real Americans!

So, You're A "Tax Professional" And You Come Face-To-Face With The Truth...
What now?

I WAS ASKED, EARLIER THIS WEEK, how I would explain the fact that CtC's revelations have not swept through and conquered the professional ranks of tax attorneys. My interlocutor imagined that such folks would seize upon the truth about the tax with great enthusiasm, and yet this clearly hasn't happened.

My initial reply dwelt on the fact that really, the vast majority of such professionals have never really been exposed to CtC scholarship, because the suppression and smear campaign by vested-interest government actors has been so intense. And that is certainly true.

Even those to whom the truth about the tax has been squarely presented one way or another have been prepped to pooh-pooh it on sight, never actually digging in to see what is really said. They've been TOLD what to believe that it says, and to save themselves a waste of time in looking for themselves, by those to whom they have been trained to defer.

BUT AS I MULLED THE QUESTION OVER a bit further, I began composing this supplement to that initial reply. I think it bears-- or will foster-- some insights that many of you will find important and useful in your own occasional but inevitable navigation of the foggy banks of Denial.

That said, let's start again...

SO, YOU'RE A "TAX PROFESSIONAL" and you come face-to-face with the actual truth about the income tax. Or, you're a judge, or an official high up the chain in a tax agency or the DOJ (sic), or a law professor, or a "tax honesty guru". Or you're in some other capacity in which you have been dealing with people as regards the income tax throughout your career.

What are you going to do when you see the evidence that you've been misadvising students or clients for years? Or you learn that you've been authorizing or conducting seizures of people's property (or maybe even imprisonments) for years and years based on a misconception of the law?

Let's keep in mind that this a misconception of the law that you could have dispelled from your mind with just a little bit of common sense investigation which you never troubled yourself to undertake. It's a misconception of law that all those people who have suffered due to your ignorance will see as a product of your own laziness or incompetence.

Odds are, you are not going to rend your garments, put on sackcloth and ashes, and utter mea culpas as you shuffle from victim to victim giving all your worldly possessions away in a vain effort to make things right for all the people you have wronged.

Odds are, you won't even take out an ad in the local paper, or make a post on your blog or a profession-oriented website announcing what you have discovered.

Odds are, in fact, that you will do the exact opposite of those things.

Continued...

A Few Words About Hypocrites For Assange
Denunciation of bad behavior is of little substance or virtue when you keep on financing it, people.

MY RESPECT, APPRECIATION, SYMPATHY AND CONCERN for Julian Assange knows no bounds, so I am not to be taken as wanting the expressions of others outraged and horrified by his slow murder by the UK and US to stop. But I can't help but sneer in contempt at most of them, voiced as they are by people who, despite their indications of grave concern, are nonetheless financing the torturers whom they so stridently denounce.

What the hell is wrong with Karen Kwiatkowsky, Philip Giraldi, Ray McGovern, Paul Craig Roberts, Jacob Hornberger and so many others who decry the crimes against Julian and yet steadily fork over money to pay the bills for the abuse?

Why are they not AT MINIMUM shouting about CtC from their bully pulpits, so that at least other Americans who really mean it can learn why and how they can stop feeding the dungeon-masters, even if they can't muster the sand to personally cut off the gas for the bad guys?

Continued...

Other Voices: 'Wikileaks Exposes Falsifications In The OPCW Douma Report'
The reports were falsified to blame Syria for attacks carried out by Western-backed Jihadis. The revelations – studiously ignored by the mainstream media – shed a light on the tangled web weaved by the complicit media and the West’s shameless hypocrisy, involving the OPCW, Wikileaks and Julian Assange’s illegal detention.

Reporting, commentary and observations by Federico Peiraccini, with an important afterword by Yours Truly.

Continued...

A Victory Post By Special Request
I hadn't meant to do any victory posts this week, but...

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL WHILE PREPARING this Mid-Edition Update from Ryan Andersen, who had, more than a bit belatedly, sent in his first victory for sharing about two weeks ago (and also just joined the excellent Georgia CtC Warriors). The victory, a complete refund from the feds for 2017, plus interest, happened in June of 2018.

In most cases, unless there's something unusually instructive about a victory that old (or it's associated with a good video) I won't post it at all. Among other things, doing so throws off the symmetry of the victory stack and its evidence of the steady flow of government acknowledgements over the last 16 years.

However, Ryan's email the other day was to ask when he'd be able to see his refund posted. Ryan went on to say he has been reaching out to people sharing the good news about CtC's liberating revelations for two years now, and is eager to be able to point to his posted victory to aid him in those good efforts.

For some reason of tone and timing, Ryan managed to hit a button, and so...

Continued...

Plus, Illuminating Anniversaries For This Week!